Park City Mathematics Institute
- Outreach Video
- Authors: Noel Galang, Kate Carter & Gen Esmende
- The voices and footage from our current PCMI experience will be used to promote the PCMI Academic Year Outreach Programs to give to administrators, district leaders, and teachers in order to build interest in hosting or participating in an outreach program. The video will give information about what PCMI is about, the goals for PCMI, and show what the PCMI experience will be like. We hope to be able to reach out to cities and states where we have not had a PCMI presence.
- view YouTube video: Academic Year Outreach Programs
- download zipped folder Outreach-Carter.zip [generic login required]
- PCMI Teacher Exchange
- Authors: Max Olivier & Lauren Szymanski
- This project focused on developing the PCMI Teacher Exchange program by creating an organizer’s guide and projected implementation timeline for the program. The materials also include potential templates for necessary program documents such as an application and promotional fliers. The goal is for this work to serve as a starting point for the future PCMI Teacher Exchange program administrators.
- download zipped folder TeacherExchange-Olivier.zip [generic login required]
- Differentiation: Two-Day Outreach Materials
- Authors: Jessica Reynolds and David Price
- Our subgroup organized a new two-day PCMI experience that could also be condensed into a one-day workshop, with a focus on the Reflecting on Practice component. Based on feedback data from past outreach sessions, we developed a framing for how school-year PCMI experiences must differ from summer PCMI sessions, and used that to center our sessions around the topic of "Differentiation through Flexible Tasks." We also adapted the Teacher Sharing component of PCMI to align more closely with the RoP sessions and came up with recommendations for the math component of future outreach sessions.
- download zipped folder Outreach-FlexibleTasks-Price.zip [generic login required]
Back to Index
Unless otherwise indicated all of these materials are licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike
4.0 International License.
PCMI TLP Home || IAS/PCMI Home
© 2001 - 2020 Park City Mathematics Institute
IAS/Park City Mathematics Institute is an outreach program of the Institute for Advanced Study, 1 Einstein Drive, Princeton, NJ 08540.
Send questions or comments to: Suzanne Alejandre
With major funding from Math for America