PCMI, Summer 2011
Secondary School Teacher Program
Getting Started Using the PCMI@MathForum Site
We started creating the PCMI@MathForum site during the summer of 2001. We continued by adding a section during the summers of 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010. We will be building the 2011 section this summer as you participate in the Secondary School Teacher Program.
How can you use it while in Park City?
How are Ning: PCMI 2011 and PCMI@MathForum and IAS/PCMI each important?
Each of them serve an important function and you should be familiar with each website. Here's one way to think about the three sites:
- Ning: PCMI 2011
- a social network - friendly and informative for the moment
- used to document the work done during the Institute but also as a result of the Institute
- the official site of the Institute for Advanced Study where you will find information not only on the Secondary School Teachers Program but also the other PCMI programs
What can you get familiar with while in Park City?
Get to know your working group's pages:
Reasoning and Data and Chance
Exploring Discrete Mathematics
Implementing Lesson Study
Learning about Topology
Use the link to Working group roster to remember names. (or, actually, Ning PCMI 2011 might be better for this!)
Review what you did in your afternoon sessions.
Look for links Suzanne and Richard add to the Weekly reports.
Use the 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and/or 2010 links to view work previously done.
- Site Map - get a sense of the full site
- Participant Reflections on PCMI - we may draft new reflections on Ning PCMI 2011 and then Suzanne will add them to the PCMI@MathForum page!
What are some features we'll start using while in Park City?
What are some features that will be handy once you are back home?
Unless otherwise indicated all of these materials are licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike
4.0 International License.
IAS/PCMI YouTube ||
PCMI@MathForum Home || IAS/PCMI Home
© 2001 - 2020 Park City Mathematics Institute
IAS/Park City Mathematics Institute is an outreach program of the Institute for Advanced Study, 1 Einstein Drive, Princeton, NJ 08540.
Send questions or comments to: Suzanne Alejandre
With major funding from Math for America
With generous support from Robert and Lynn Johnston